The 3B Medical Aer X Portable Oxygen Concentrator recently hit the market taking over the spot for the lightest and smallest 5-liter portable unit at just 4.25 pounds (including battery). Its small footprint and modern design allow active oxygen users to be on-the-go for everyday activity. The convenient carry bag and a slim profile make oxygen therapy manageable, especially when traveling. Three power sources are included with the unit to assist with travel and include a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC wall plug, and a car DC power adapter.
A noticeable design feature is its magnetic cannula port that automatically detaches. This addresses the pain and discomfort when cannula tubing gets caught on furniture and the cannula is pulled from the nostrils. That nuisance is eliminated to add another level of comfort to oxygen therapy.
In terms of performance, the standard lithium-ion battery will provide four hours of use at oxygen flow setting 2. Aer X has pulse dose operation with five settings and an additional Auto X smart technology booster designed to detect the number of breaths per minute and then supplements extra oxygen to charge the "Respiratory Engine" so the body is more alert as the lungs, heart, and body are properly oxygenated. Noise output is similar and even lower than some of its competitors and reaches 40 dBA decibels at setting 2.
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight and Simple to Use
- Easy Access to the Inlet Air Filter, Cleaned Weekly and Replaced Every 6 Months
- Patient Changeable Sieve Bed Cartridges - Replaced Yearly or When Oxygen Dips Below 85%
- Auto X Breath Detection to Boost Oxygen
- Noise Output is 40 decibels, to be Lower than Human Conversation
- AC Plug Provides 24/7 Operation Capability
- Pulse Volume Delivers 1,100 cc/min - 20% More than Competition
- Operating the AEX inside the Carry Case Adds Venting and Storage, and Convenience
- Magnetic Cannula Port Ensures Sealing and Purity and Detaches if Cannula Gets Caught
- FAA-Approved for In-Flight Operation
Easy Operation and Interface
- Simple Press Buttons to Control the POC
- Full-Color LCD Screen Displays Setting and Battery Life or Settings Menu
- Indicator Lights and Alarm Alerts
- Easy Access to Battery Door
- Safety Magnetic Cannula Design